SECO Tools, Adams Way, Springfield Business Park, Alcester, Warwickshire, B49 6PU
Forget the hype, find out how 3D printing complements mould design - The plastics industry has an exciting future ahead with the advent of new technologies and materials. The opportunities to become leaders in this sector are vast but will require a full understanding of the advances that are being made. The Moulding Innovation event will focus on the use of new technologies in the plastics mould making industry, with a look at how additive manufacturing and traditional methods are driving forward efficiencies in tool production and finished part creation. Specific presentations of the creation of mould inserts with 3D printing along with conformal cooling will be highlighted.
- Keynote Speaker / Graham Tromans - Graham has direct experience of working with additive manufacturing (AM) technologies for more than 23 years and is currently Chair of the Additive Manufacturing Association in the UK. Graham has been involved with AM technologies since 1989 when he was responsible for the development and technology application acceptance within Rover Group. Since that time, Graham has worked with a multitude of industry-leaders including companies such as BMW, Aston Martin, Bentley Cars, Boeing Aircraft, British Aerospace, numerous F1 teams, Rolls Royce and Perkins Engines. In addition, he managed the setup of a completely new rapid prototyping (RP) facility for Land Rover and he was an advisor to Jaguar Cars in the setting up of its on-site RP facility.
- Hexagon / Paul Smithson - Prototype Tooling Standardisation & Moulding Process Analysis & Optimisation.
- HASCO / Neil Moseley, Managing Director Hasco UK - Enabling production with Printed Mould Inserts.
- ROMI / Marcel Machado – General Manager Romi UK - Injection Moulding in the UK.
- SYS UK / Martin Hamill, Sales Manager, SYS Systems Limited - 3D Printing for Injection Moulding.
- Hexagon Metrology / Jamie Barnett - Romer Absolute Arm, with HPL20.8 laser scanner for ultra-fast reverse engineering and inspection of mould tools